10 Things to You Need to Know About AC Repair in North Texas
Look out your window or walk out your door and you will see that summer is here. The heat is building, and your ac system is working harder. If you notice the air conditioning system isn’t cooling quite like you’d like it, or if you’re just ready for an upgrade, there are some things you might want to consider and give some real thought to.
Efficient Home Solutions has experienced first-hand many different ac scenarios. This experience has allowed us to put together 10 thinks to really think about and ask before AC Repair or Replacement.
- How much time do I have before repairing or replacing my unit? This will depend on your comfort level, as well as safety concerns. Temperatures can get very warm in the summer, making it uncomfortable not only to sit and relax, but to sleep. But there are also safety concerns to consider. Is the failure a fire hazard?
- Is it better to repair, or should the unit be replaced? Again, this depends on several factors. Typically, this is a personal decision, but being informed of the factors involved will help you make an educated decision. What is the age of the unit? If it is nearing the end of its life, it may make sense to replace rather than repair. Similarly, if the repair costs are close to the cost of replacement, you may want to upgrade.
- How much space are you cooling? Is the ac system appropriate for the amount of square footage? This is an important consideration. Sometimes the wrong unit is installed, or ductwork is too small. Our technician can give suggestions after proper evaluation and assessment.
- Are features other than just cold air important? Are energy costs or environmental concerns significant? A unit that cools is important, but are you concerned about energy efficient units that can save you money each month on your utility bills?
- Is there anything new in the heating and cooling world to consider? Technology changes rapidly, and the heating and cooling world is not excluded. From geothermal systems that use the cool temperature underground to cool your home, to heat pumps that can act as AC in the summer and heaters in the winter, to ductless mini split systems that are great for small spaces like garages or additions, there is a lot to consider.
- Are there unique requirements to consider about where I live? The area of the country where you live can affect the way your AC unit works, so it is important to take these into consideration when repairing or replacing a unit. In North Texas, the summer heat is brutal and can take a toll on your ac system. Regular maintenance can really help extend the life of your system and symptoms of future problems can be found early.
- Is a programmable thermostat important? Some people love the ease and convenience of a programmable thermostat, and the ability to control the temperature when no one is at home. If you work during the day, it may be of benefit to you to be able to program a thermostat to ensure the AC doesn’t cool the home when no one is home.
- Does my AC unit affect the health of those residing in my home? The ac system works to filter contaminants out of the air. If you are a pet owner, have asthma or allergies, you need to take these into consideration when repairing your unit.
- Do my ducts need to be repaired or replaced? Leaks in your ductwork could be a problem if you notice your home isn’t as cool as it should be. Our technician can access your ductwork and repair any leaks to ensure the cool air is flowing properly.
- Is my home insulated enough? Your cool air could be escaping through your roof or other areas where your insulation is lacking.
Keeping these questions at the back of your mind when our technician is at your home or office, will greatly assist in making sure you are comfortable with the decision or decisions you ultimately make. Efficient Home Solutions is ready to help and provide all the information you need. (972)235-2600