Is Your Home Uncomfortable?
Is your home uncomfortable? That is a weird question, but it has to be asked. Are you able to relax and be comfortable in your own home? Is your AC system cooling as it should and maintaining a temperature that is conducive to sleep and relaxation?
– Link to video //youtu.be/0g7tV2J_sNw
Announcer: Never too hot or too cold. Always just right. This Lennox dealer can help.
David Rivera (Owner): Efficient Home Solutions keeps your home just the way you like it. Call Efficient Home Solutions and make your home comfortable today.
Announcer: Lennox – Air is life. Make it perfect.
Making the atmosphere and environment in your home comfortable, whether its summer or winter, relaxes you, your family, and your guests. Everyone is happier and content. However, when the system fails or malfunctions, then the stress and anxiety begin to rise in direct correlation to the temperature. The hotter it gets the more malcontent everyone turns.
Efficient Home Solutions can return things to normal when problems arise and maintain the system in the meantime to head off future problems. Call Efficient Home Solutions and lets keep your home comfortable.
Improving the Air We Breathe Starts Where We Have Control, Our Home
Our lives revolve around homes and the people we share it with. We care about our quality of life, but do we consider the air we breathe at home? In a recent article, in the Washington Times, the idea and concept of controlling and bettering the air in our home is examined. [click here to read article]
The article points out how we eat healthy and work out regularly, but do we really think about the one place we can control the air we breathe? From the beginning, Efficient Home Solutions has focused its services beyond the regular services of repair heating and air conditioning units, into the quality and ultimate cleanliness of the air within the home. Efficient Home Solutions can evaluate your home’s air quality and recommend solutions for improvement is you so desire. We have developed some tips to consider:
- Check Your Ventilation – Don’t let air flow become stagnant
- Keep Your AC Clean – Change filters regularly and clean intake vents.
- Regularly Clean Your Sheets and Clothes – This will cut down on dust mites
- Use an Air Purifier – Beeswax candles are a good option
- Houseplants – Houseplants can remove toxins from the air. Different plants have different toxin removal qualities.
- Use Essential Oils
- Eco-friendly Cleaning Products use helps in reducing in home toxins.
Your home is your sanctuary and maintaining clean breathable air will not only help with allergy reduction but will make you feel better. Efficient Home Solutions is focused on improving your home’s air quality. Give us a call and we can check evaluate your air quality.
Why Does My Air Conditioning Need a Tune-Up Every Year?
Summer is almost upon us and the hot temperatures are on their way. Don’t get caught with an inoperable AC. As you start turning on your cooling system (or maybe you already have), make sure you call Efficient Home Solutions to get your annual tune-up. Why, you ask? Here are some reasons.
Avoidance of Costly Air Conditioner Repairs
Preventative air conditioning maintenance can help decrease the volume of problems associated with your air conditioning system this summer. Routine maintenance can catch little problems before they come bigger, saving money and making sure you don’t end up without cool air with the temperatures peak.
Help Your System Live Longer and Keep Your Warranty Valid
A seasonal tune-up assists your air conditioner live longer and maintains the validity of your warranty. Most manufacturers will void a warranty if the equipment does not receive annual maintenance.
An annual tune-up not only maintains your warranty, saving you money on repair costs, but it also helps you save up to 30% on your utility bills. Who doesn’t love those positive perks?
Think twice about ditching your air conditioning maintenance and call Efficient Home Solutions at (972)235-2600 today!
What Are Common Air Conditioning Problems?
Efficient Home Solutions has experienced almost every possible scenario when it comes to air conditioning. We have put together a few of the most common air conditioning problems we have observed.
Cool Air Non-Existent
Is your AC system blowing hot air and not cooling properly? If you can hear your system operating but there isn’t cool air blowing, you might need to have your refrigerant levels checked. This is usually the first step since refrigerant is what assists in making sure the air coming out of your air conditioner is actually cool. Call Efficient Home Solutions and we’ll check your refrigerant levels and investigate why your system is not blowing cool air.
Fan Not Operating
The in operation of your condenser fan may be due to it being burned out and you requiring replacement. If you can verify these matters, you may be able to pinpoint the culprit; if not, give Efficient Home Solutions can look into what has stopped your condenser fan from rotating and discuss your options to have your system cooling again.
Not Cooling Properly
Try lowering the temperature on your thermostat first. It sounds silly but sometimes we sometimes neglect the obvious. If that doesn’t get your system cooling, check the air filter. If the air filter is dirty, it could cause major cooling troubles. Another issue that could cause your insufficient cooling is that your air conditioner is not sized properly, and unfortunately this is a frequent issue when homes are constructed. Efficient Home Solutions will come out and conduct an analysis to determine if the size of your system is causing your problems.
System is Short Cycling or Cycling too Often
If your AC is short cycling, or turning on or off repeatedly, it could be the result of multiple things. One, your condenser or evaporator is dirty and in need of cleaning. Once the unit is cleaned and all blockages removed, you may be back in business. Remember that humidity also plays a piece so if your home cools to the correct temperature, but then the humidity causes your home to heat up quickly, it could result in on-again, off-again air conditioning because it’s having to work harder to keep your home comfortable.
No matter your problem, whatever AC trouble you run into, Efficient Home Solutions is here for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so we can get you comfortable again.
Energy Efficiency Improved With The Right Home Thermostat
Year-long is how the battle for home energy efficiency improvement takes, whether it’s cooling or heating. It should not be like this. You should be able to live in home comfortably without constant worry about whether your home is cooling or heating correctly.
The comfort level of your home begins with the right thermostat and appropriate setting. Setting your thermostat correctly can improve the energy efficiency of your home. At this point, we will begin by evaluating the different types of thermostats currently available. We will look at how to select the appropriate thermostat for your unique home.
The ac and heating control system is usually known as a thermostat. The thermostat regulates the amount of heat or cool air distributed in the home. There are several different types including manual, programmable, and smart thermostats. The type you choose must be functional for your home and compatible with your cooling and heating system.
- Manual thermostats are the simplest type of thermostat. The first thought that comes to mind are the round models of old attached to your wall. Manual thermostats are commonly found in older homes and a needle indicator is used for temperature indication. These thermostats are simple and easy to use but very limited as energy saving tools.
- Programmable thermostats are a step up on the sophistication scale from manual thermostats. Programmable thermostats allow for schedules to be set for every day of the week. Some models afford the owner the ability for weekend and weekday separation if so desired. Programmable thermostats are efficient energy savers by controlling heating and cooling costs via the adjustment of the temperature throughout the day.
- Smart thermostats are the modern form of thermostat and the most energy efficient. Smart thermostats are wi-fi enabled to access from your smartphone, tablet or computer. They can assist in increasing the energy efficiency of your home due to its ability to adjust to your lifestyle preferences.
However, this description is nice but how do you know if the thermostat you want is compatible?
To answer this question, you must know the type of heating and cooling system you have. There are only 3 different systems that are in use:
- Low voltage systems are the most common, which only require a 24v power supply. Best part, most thermostats will work with this system.
- Direct line or high voltage systems use a power source of 110v to 240v. They require special attention when deciding on a thermostat because they generally baseboards and other electric heating systems. Unfortunately, some older homes use direct line voltage to power the thermostat.
- The 24 millivolt systems are typically gas or oil powered furnaces that don’t use electricity.
When you are looking at thermostats, they are clearly labeled with the system type, for example:
- “Works with 1 Stage heat or cool: For use where you have separate heating and air conditioning units”
- “Works with 2 Stage or multi-stage heat or cool: For heating or cooling units that have a high and low speed”
- “Works with Direct Line Voltage: 110 or 240 direct current power source used in some older homes to power the thermostat “
- “Works with 24mV: For use with a fireplace, floor, or wall furnace”
- “Zoned HVAC: Heating and/or cooling is individually controlled in different areas from the same HVAC system”
When you have the information, you need you can make an informed decision as to the type of thermostat will work efficiently with your home ac and heating system. Contact Efficient Home Solutions for assistance with home thermostat decisions. (972)235-2600