Common Furnace Problems Explained, do you know what they are?
Is your furnace making unfamiliar noises? Maybe you observed your unit blowing cold air instead of the expected comfortable blast of warm air? If so, it may be an indication your furnace or HVAC system is about to fail. Better to catch it early than when it fails on the coldest day of the winter. Efficient Home Solutions has pulled together some common warning signs you should not neglect:
A Scraping Sound – If you hear a scraping sound like metal on metal, then the issue may be the blower wheel. If this is what you hear, then turn off your furnace and call Efficient Home Solutions for a thorough inspection. There are several reasons the blower wheel malfunctions. It could be loose and if the piece is not too damaged, can be tightened. It may be the blower wheel is broken and requires replacement. Finally, it may be that the motor mount is broken and causing the blower assembly to shake uncontrollably.
A Loud Bang Upon Starting the Furnace – If you hear a loud bang when you start your furnace, it could be one of a couple things. A dirty furnace burner or ignitor could prevent the burners from igniting, resulting in gas build up. When the gas eventually ignites, it will cause a loud bang. This could cause a safety issue, specifically if one of the small explosions causes the heat exchanger to crack. It could result in a carbon monoxide leak but may require the replacement of the heat exchanger. The other reason could be the expanding and contracting of air ducts.
A Whining Noise – A high-pitched noise, which is very annoying, could be the shaft bearings needing oil, an issue with the blower belt, or the blower motor is defective. Regular maintenance will help pinpoint these issues well before they result in major problems.
Cold Air Blowing Out from the Heating System – when cold air if coming from the heating system, it may be the furnace. Check to see if your system is set to “on” instead of “auto”. When set to “on” the heating system will continue to blow even when there is no heated air. Check to see if the air filter is clean and also check the duct work permitting the leakage of heated air. There are other reasons that could cause cold air. Our technicians will check for every possible situation.
If your heating system is presenting any of these warning signs, call Efficient Home Solutions or schedule an appointment online and we’ll send a technician to diagnose your problem and get your home warm and comfortable again quickly.
Why should I get a new AC unit? That question depends on many things.
Female Speaker 1: Let’s face it. Nobody wakes up and says, “I want to buy a furnace or air conditioner today.” So, you want to get it right the first time. That’s why there’s Lennox. They’re the quietest, most innovative, energy-efficient systems around. And, you can get precise comfort easily, even on your mobile. Perfect.
Karen Rivera: Efficient Home Solutions puts control of your home climate at your fingertips.
David Rivera (Owner): Trust Efficient Home Solutions and Lennox with your family’s home comfort.
Announcer: Lennox – Innovation never felt so good.
Determining if it’s better to repair or replace your air conditioning unit can be a very difficult decision. To begin with, price is a very intimidating factor and, Efficient Home Solutions has financing plans available to make factor less of one. Remember, an air conditioner can be repaired, in most cases. On the other hand, anything can be repaired, but would you keep pouring money into an old car? At some point it becomes more financially practical to replace it with a new one. Here are a few reasons getting a new AC unit should be considered:
- If the unit is over 15 years old
- If the repair cost is too much
- If your energy bills continue to rise
- If your AC has trouble keeping up, i.e. cannot keep home cool
Efficient Home Solution’s expert technicians can walk you through the decision and assist in making sure you have all the knowledge and information you need.
It’s time to start thinking about your heater again. Yes, its hard to bring your mind around to your heating system when the weather is still flirting with 100 degrees. However, cold winter days are just around the corner. Winter will be here before you know it. As hot as it gets in Texas, it gets just as cold in the winter. In an average year, North Texas receives 37 days below freezing. That is a lot of cold days and nights. Is your heater up for the challenge?
When is the Best Time for Your Annual Heating Service? Now!
It’s that time of year again to begin thinking about your annual heating service! August and September are the best times to start thinking about your heating service, because making sure your unit and entire system is functioning at its best, right before you will need it this winter. North Texas receives, on average, 37 days below freezing, make sure your heater is ready! At Efficient Home Solutions, we make sure your heating system is working at its very best.
Benefits of Annual Heating System Maintenance
If you are not already signed up for your heating maintenance, here are just a few of the reasons why you should call our heating professionals and set up your appointment today.
- Higher Efficiency
- Fewer Repairs
- Lower Breakdown Risk
- Extended Lifespan
- Safer Operation
From start to finish, our team at Efficient Home Solutions is dedicated to making sure your equipment is not only operable, but efficient, clean, and ready for a North Texas winter. This way, you know you have a system that will keep you warm and safe. Contact our team to schedule your heating maintenance and service today!
Last month, we spoke about the 10 things you need to know about ac repair in North Texas, from Efficient Home Solutions. This month, we are continuing with that theme with the next 10. Please if you do not see your problem listed, let us know. We have an easy contact form on our website. We would love to hear from you. With that said, let’s look at these other 10 items and see if we can put your mind at ease.
- What type of refrigerant does my AC use? Refrigerant helps kick-start the cooling process. Freon, or R-22 refrigerant, is used in older units. However, it is being phased out by the government, so if your unit uses Freon, the cost will only continue to rise.
- Why are my energy bills gradually increasing? Increasing energy bills is a good sign that your unit is beginning to fail. An inefficient system will turn on more often as it struggles to cool your home.
- My home is having difficulty maintaining a comfortable temperature. If your home can’t maintain a comfortable temperature, it is a sure sign it needs to be examined. It could be due to the age of the unit, part of the unit needing a repair, or that the unit is the wrong size for your home.
- What is the typical lifespan for an air conditioning unit? AC units commonly last between 12 and 15 years, but its lifespan can be reduced if its capacity isn’t appropriate for the home. If your unit is too large or too small, it could be overworking, which can shorten its life.
- Am I changing my air filters regularly? If your AC is trying to work through dirty filters, chances are it is overworking and running inefficiently. Filters need to be changed on regular intervals and more often if you have pets.
- Am I maintaining the ac system properly? Just like you take your car for regular tune-ups, you should do the same for your AC unit. Efficient Home Solutions can inspect your air conditioning unit once or twice a year to ensure proper operation. This can save you big on repairs as problems can be detected and corrected before they become bigger problems.
- Is the outdoor unit properly cleaned and maintained? Keep yard debris clear of the unit and be sure the unit is regularly cleaned. This is usually done during the maintenance schedule.
- Am I doing all I can inside to ensure my unit can run efficiently? Close curtains and blinds in sunny rooms, and make sure all vents are free of possible blockages. Be sure windows and doors to the outside are properly sealed.
- Are your expectations regarding the temperature of your home reasonable? There can typically only be about a 20-degree difference between the outside temperature and the inside temperature. For instance, if it is 100 degrees out, your home may not be able to cool down to 70 degrees. Trying to keep a temperature that low will make the system work harder and increase your energy bills.
- Who do I call for AC repair? It is important to remember that not all companies are the same. Efficient Home Solutions is your trusted care for your heat and air. We are available 24/7/365
When you really think about these questions and the ones last month, you begin to realize little things go a long way to make your system more efficient, last longer, and keep your home cool and comfortable. Efficient Home Solutions is here to partner with you. Give us a call and set up your maintenance today. (972)235-2600
Are you looking for an AC Company you can Trust? Are you in need of ac repair or maintenance? Have you had unpleasant dealings with ac companies before and now you just want a company that will do what they say and say what they mean?
Announcer: Since 1895, you’ve trusted Lennox to provide you with the most advanced furnaces and air conditioners built to last. Our Lennox Premier Dealers are trained to deliver a level of comfort and service no one else can match because, at Lennox, we know why you really put your trust in us.
David Rivera (Owner): Looking for a company you can trust with your family’s home comfort? Call Efficient Home Solutions, trusted care for your heat and air.
Announcer: Lennox – Air is life. Make it perfect.
Having an ac company, you can trust, rely on, and know that the job will be done right and in a reasonable amount of time, is invaluable. Efficient Home Solutions is dedicated to making sure you are completely satisfied with service you receive. Call Efficient Home Solutions and let’s become like family. (972)235-2600