From time to time, Allen home owners will see a spike in their home energy costs. This is normal, to a point, during the summer and winter months, when added stress is placed on the home cooling and heating system. The one thing to watch for is a very noticeable spike above and beyond the norm or a consistent rise over time. This may be a sign of a problem. However, homeowners may want to just see if there are areas that can be addressed that will increase the overall efficiency of their Allen home and consequently reduce their energy expenses. Efficient Home Solution’s Allen Energy Auditors have been trained, tested, and certified to BPI’s (Building Performance Institute) nationally-recognized standards. They use the building/house-as-a-system approach to improve the performance of existing buildings/homes — an approach proven to reduce occupants’/owners’ annual utility bills by as much as 20% to 50%! That’s why BPI standards or equivalent standards are cited by the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program from the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as several state Weatherization Assistance Programs.
Through the Standards Technical Committee, its working groups, and dozens of committed industry participants, the BPI Standards program maintains an unmatched reputation as a credible and flexible standards-making body, and is accredited by the American National Standards Institute as an approved developer of American National Standards. Join BPI’s efforts to address the critical trends of building performance technology innovation, industry best practices and regulatory by having your building’s/home’s energy efficiency performance evaluated today by one of our Certified Allen Energy Auditors.
Energy problems are sometimes obvious, for example you know if your furnace doesn’t work or your attic doesn’t have any insulation. However, addressing a challenging situation where one room will not cool down or how to reduce rising heating bills. For these types of situations, an energy audit, of your Allen home, maybe the best solution. Without the complete energy profile that an energy audit provides, it’s difficult to know the upgrades that are most important and in what order the improvements should be undertaken. For example, an energy audit may tell suggest instead of replacing your furnace to lower heating costs, you can achieve more savings with less-costly improvements such as sealing ductwork and upgrading attic insulation. Efficient Home Solutions can help in the identification of the right solutions for your Allen home to ensure that you get a more comfortable, efficient home.
Benefits of an Allen Home Energy Audit
As an Allen homeowner, your considering whether conducting an energy audit is cost effective or will actually make a difference in the efficiency of your home. The answer is a definite yes! Among the many benefits of home energy audits are discovering why a home may be:
- Opposite temperature affects during extreme seasons. I.e. too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
- Your home suffers from moisture problems or air leakage.
- The cost to keep your home at a comfortable temperature is costing too much money.
Going beyond the simply discovering the simple reasons why your home is not energy efficient, there are several key benefits to undertaking a complete examination.
- Home comfort: Dealing with rooms with temperature extremes is uncomfortable and disconcerting. A home energy audit can isolate the solution.
- Energy savings: Due to the volatile nature of fuel prices, it’s important for your Allen home to run efficiently. Our home energy audits can spot the best opportunities cost savings.
- Improved resale value: Increasing your home’s energy performance will have a big impact when the time arrives to sell your Allen home. Many home buyers and real estate professionals place high priority on energy efficient upgrades and modern systems.
- Green living: The reduction of environmental impacts is a priority for many homeowners. Efficient Home Solutions can help you find the best adjustments to reduce your energy use with our complete home energy audit.
If you’re ready to do make a concerted effort to do something about the uncomfortable rooms and high heating and cooling costs in your home, Efficient Home Solutions is here to help! Our complete home energy audit will identify the areas of your home causing discomfort and energy loss, allowing us to recommend ideal solutions.
Contact our Allen team of energy experts today to get a complete home energy audit for your Allen home. Our experienced experts know what it takes to give you a more comfortable, efficient home!
The link below will provide a sample audit form and give you an understanding of the specific areas the auditor will evaluate during the audit: