It’s time to start thinking about your heater again. Yes, its hard to bring your mind around to your heating system when the weather is still flirting with 100 degrees. However, cold winter days are just around the corner. Winter will be here before you know it. As hot as it gets in Texas, it gets just as cold in the winter. In an average year, North Texas receives 37 days below freezing. That is a lot of cold days and nights. Is your heater up for the challenge?
When is the Best Time for Your Annual Heating Service? Now!
It’s that time of year again to begin thinking about your annual heating service! August and September are the best times to start thinking about your heating service, because making sure your unit and entire system is functioning at its best, right before you will need it this winter. North Texas receives, on average, 37 days below freezing, make sure your heater is ready! At Efficient Home Solutions, we make sure your heating system is working at its very best.
Benefits of Annual Heating System Maintenance
If you are not already signed up for your heating maintenance, here are just a few of the reasons why you should call our heating professionals and set up your appointment today.
- Higher Efficiency
- Fewer Repairs
- Lower Breakdown Risk
- Extended Lifespan
- Safer Operation
From start to finish, our team at Efficient Home Solutions is dedicated to making sure your equipment is not only operable, but efficient, clean, and ready for a North Texas winter. This way, you know you have a system that will keep you warm and safe. Contact our team to schedule your heating maintenance and service today!
Last month, we spoke about the 10 things you need to know about ac repair in North Texas, from Efficient Home Solutions. This month, we are continuing with that theme with the next 10. Please if you do not see your problem listed, let us know. We have an easy contact form on our website. We would love to hear from you. With that said, let’s look at these other 10 items and see if we can put your mind at ease.
- What type of refrigerant does my AC use? Refrigerant helps kick-start the cooling process. Freon, or R-22 refrigerant, is used in older units. However, it is being phased out by the government, so if your unit uses Freon, the cost will only continue to rise.
- Why are my energy bills gradually increasing? Increasing energy bills is a good sign that your unit is beginning to fail. An inefficient system will turn on more often as it struggles to cool your home.
- My home is having difficulty maintaining a comfortable temperature. If your home can’t maintain a comfortable temperature, it is a sure sign it needs to be examined. It could be due to the age of the unit, part of the unit needing a repair, or that the unit is the wrong size for your home.
- What is the typical lifespan for an air conditioning unit? AC units commonly last between 12 and 15 years, but its lifespan can be reduced if its capacity isn’t appropriate for the home. If your unit is too large or too small, it could be overworking, which can shorten its life.
- Am I changing my air filters regularly? If your AC is trying to work through dirty filters, chances are it is overworking and running inefficiently. Filters need to be changed on regular intervals and more often if you have pets.
- Am I maintaining the ac system properly? Just like you take your car for regular tune-ups, you should do the same for your AC unit. Efficient Home Solutions can inspect your air conditioning unit once or twice a year to ensure proper operation. This can save you big on repairs as problems can be detected and corrected before they become bigger problems.
- Is the outdoor unit properly cleaned and maintained? Keep yard debris clear of the unit and be sure the unit is regularly cleaned. This is usually done during the maintenance schedule.
- Am I doing all I can inside to ensure my unit can run efficiently? Close curtains and blinds in sunny rooms, and make sure all vents are free of possible blockages. Be sure windows and doors to the outside are properly sealed.
- Are your expectations regarding the temperature of your home reasonable? There can typically only be about a 20-degree difference between the outside temperature and the inside temperature. For instance, if it is 100 degrees out, your home may not be able to cool down to 70 degrees. Trying to keep a temperature that low will make the system work harder and increase your energy bills.
- Who do I call for AC repair? It is important to remember that not all companies are the same. Efficient Home Solutions is your trusted care for your heat and air. We are available 24/7/365
When you really think about these questions and the ones last month, you begin to realize little things go a long way to make your system more efficient, last longer, and keep your home cool and comfortable. Efficient Home Solutions is here to partner with you. Give us a call and set up your maintenance today. (972)235-2600
Are you looking for an AC Company you can Trust? Are you in need of ac repair or maintenance? Have you had unpleasant dealings with ac companies before and now you just want a company that will do what they say and say what they mean?
Announcer: Since 1895, you’ve trusted Lennox to provide you with the most advanced furnaces and air conditioners built to last. Our Lennox Premier Dealers are trained to deliver a level of comfort and service no one else can match because, at Lennox, we know why you really put your trust in us.
David Rivera (Owner): Looking for a company you can trust with your family’s home comfort? Call Efficient Home Solutions, trusted care for your heat and air.
Announcer: Lennox – Air is life. Make it perfect.
Having an ac company, you can trust, rely on, and know that the job will be done right and in a reasonable amount of time, is invaluable. Efficient Home Solutions is dedicated to making sure you are completely satisfied with service you receive. Call Efficient Home Solutions and let’s become like family. (972)235-2600
Look out your window or walk out your door and you will see that summer is here. The heat is building, and your ac system is working harder. If you notice the air conditioning system isn’t cooling quite like you’d like it, or if you’re just ready for an upgrade, there are some things you might want to consider and give some real thought to.
Efficient Home Solutions has experienced first-hand many different ac scenarios. This experience has allowed us to put together 10 thinks to really think about and ask before AC Repair or Replacement.
- How much time do I have before repairing or replacing my unit? This will depend on your comfort level, as well as safety concerns. Temperatures can get very warm in the summer, making it uncomfortable not only to sit and relax, but to sleep. But there are also safety concerns to consider. Is the failure a fire hazard?
- Is it better to repair, or should the unit be replaced? Again, this depends on several factors. Typically, this is a personal decision, but being informed of the factors involved will help you make an educated decision. What is the age of the unit? If it is nearing the end of its life, it may make sense to replace rather than repair. Similarly, if the repair costs are close to the cost of replacement, you may want to upgrade.
- How much space are you cooling? Is the ac system appropriate for the amount of square footage? This is an important consideration. Sometimes the wrong unit is installed, or ductwork is too small. Our technician can give suggestions after proper evaluation and assessment.
- Are features other than just cold air important? Are energy costs or environmental concerns significant? A unit that cools is important, but are you concerned about energy efficient units that can save you money each month on your utility bills?
- Is there anything new in the heating and cooling world to consider? Technology changes rapidly, and the heating and cooling world is not excluded. From geothermal systems that use the cool temperature underground to cool your home, to heat pumps that can act as AC in the summer and heaters in the winter, to ductless mini split systems that are great for small spaces like garages or additions, there is a lot to consider.
- Are there unique requirements to consider about where I live? The area of the country where you live can affect the way your AC unit works, so it is important to take these into consideration when repairing or replacing a unit. In North Texas, the summer heat is brutal and can take a toll on your ac system. Regular maintenance can really help extend the life of your system and symptoms of future problems can be found early.
- Is a programmable thermostat important? Some people love the ease and convenience of a programmable thermostat, and the ability to control the temperature when no one is at home. If you work during the day, it may be of benefit to you to be able to program a thermostat to ensure the AC doesn’t cool the home when no one is home.
- Does my AC unit affect the health of those residing in my home? The ac system works to filter contaminants out of the air. If you are a pet owner, have asthma or allergies, you need to take these into consideration when repairing your unit.
- Do my ducts need to be repaired or replaced? Leaks in your ductwork could be a problem if you notice your home isn’t as cool as it should be. Our technician can access your ductwork and repair any leaks to ensure the cool air is flowing properly.
- Is my home insulated enough? Your cool air could be escaping through your roof or other areas where your insulation is lacking.
Keeping these questions at the back of your mind when our technician is at your home or office, will greatly assist in making sure you are comfortable with the decision or decisions you ultimately make. Efficient Home Solutions is ready to help and provide all the information you need. (972)235-2600
Is Your Home Uncomfortable?
Is your home uncomfortable? That is a weird question, but it has to be asked. Are you able to relax and be comfortable in your own home? Is your AC system cooling as it should and maintaining a temperature that is conducive to sleep and relaxation?
– Link to video //youtu.be/0g7tV2J_sNw
Announcer: Never too hot or too cold. Always just right. This Lennox dealer can help.
David Rivera (Owner): Efficient Home Solutions keeps your home just the way you like it. Call Efficient Home Solutions and make your home comfortable today.
Announcer: Lennox – Air is life. Make it perfect.
Making the atmosphere and environment in your home comfortable, whether its summer or winter, relaxes you, your family, and your guests. Everyone is happier and content. However, when the system fails or malfunctions, then the stress and anxiety begin to rise in direct correlation to the temperature. The hotter it gets the more malcontent everyone turns.
Efficient Home Solutions can return things to normal when problems arise and maintain the system in the meantime to head off future problems. Call Efficient Home Solutions and lets keep your home comfortable.